Nearly 50 Los Angeles community based and Faith Based organizations stand together for Child Safety!
The Los Angeles County Community Child Welfare Coalition (CCWC) is a voluntary collaboration among nearly 50 community-based and faith-based organizations1. The purpose of the CCWC is to improve the outcomes for children and families in Los Angeles County, particularly those that fall within, or that may fall within, the child welfare arena. The intent of this collaboration is to work in partnership with the Board of Supervisors, the clusters of Los Angeles County departments and state and federal representatives to assure child safety; greater permanency for children; and enhance child well-being in Los Angeles County. To achieve these outcomes, we are committed to working collectively with all equally committed and interested parties to enhance effectiveness of service to children and families, as well as serving as advocates on behalf of communities we seek to serve.
1. Ensures a VOICE for children, youth, parents, community-based and faith-based organizations in strategic planning, budgeting and oversight with the Department of Children and Family Services..
2. Strengthens PARTNERSHIPS with federal and state child welfare officials and advocacy organizations for oversight, accountability and enforcement with federal and state law.
3. Promotes a CHILD-CENTERED, FAMILY-FOCUSED PHILOSOPHY OF CHILD WELFARE SERVICES.
4. Seeks to strengthen a PUBLIC-PRIVATE COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP to provide child welfare services that focus on child welfare OUTCOMES AND PERFORMANCE as well as regulatory compliance.
5. Develops COLLABORATIVE PLANNING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS with regional DCFS offices and their Child Welfare Administrators.